What causes sporadic pain and twitching sensation in the thighs?
It is always better to be sure regarding DVT
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
No you are not being paranoid. It is always better to be sure regarding DVT especially if you are a little over weight or not exercising regularly.
I would advise a venous doppler to rule out DVT, since sub clinical thrombosis may persist and later lead to more severe problems like pulmonary embolism (a clot reaching and blocking artery in lung) that can be serious.
Also if there is any thrombus, check your blood for thrombotic factors and especially high homocysteine.
You can discuss this with your doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- What causes burning pain in thighs
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- What causes knots and pain on upper thighs
- What causes pain in knee joints and thighs
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- What causes pain with tenderness on thighs
- Thigh pain tried using ice what is the cause
- What causes pain in hamstrings and on thigh
- Raced heart beat. Taken epidural injection, percoset and motrin. Have...
- Constipation, clear gooey discharge from vagina, discomfort in the...
- Small mole on the arm, blue bruise surrounding it, developed suddenly....
- Body pain, flu, headaches, urine incontinence, vomiting. History of...
- Sore throat, pain in the chest and arm, stiff neck. Causes?
- Medication for diarrhea
- Dry vagina, loss of sex drive, negative for menopause, anxious during...
- Feeling semi-conscious, vision problems, loss of balance. Stroke symptoms?
- Having MS, lumps on skin surface, lower back, recurring and spreading....
- Sore tongue, sore throat, tongue pain. Doctor says it is gastroparesis....