What causes spongy lump on medial side of left elbow?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a large spongy lump on the medial side of just my left elbow, what could it be? It doesn't hurt but it has gotten bigger over the past year
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diffuse lipoma / Synovioma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific.

Noted your history of a painless ''large'' spongy lump on medial side of left elbow - gotten bigger over the past one year -

This looks to be either a Diffuse lipomatosis or synovitis of the joint.

High resolution ultrasonography, FNAC and clinical evaluation by a Surgeon will confirm the diagnosis and give further plans whether to remove it or keep under close observation.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more or if you need further clarifications or if you feel there is a gap of communication.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon