What causes split in the skin in lower lip?
could be aphthous ulcer
I have read your query and understand your concern.
I feel that split could be aphthous ulcer. And as it is healing then you need only supportive treatment for it like intake of vitamin b-complex and vitamin c, and gargels with an antiseptic mouthwash, not benadryl.
Continue your follow up with your dentist, and he is right in suggesting a biopsy if it doesn't improves.
Eat healthy and avoid hot and spicy foods as they will cause more pain.
Hope I have been helpful.
Get well soon.
Dr. Deepika Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black spots on lower lip
- What causes darkeningcracking in upper and lower lips
- What causes bump on the inside of the lower lip
- What causes lower lip muscle to twitch
- What causes white line to grow on lower lip
- What causes lower lip to quiver
- Cause of pulse in lower lip
- What causes skin to break on lip of vagina
- Lower lip cancer causes
- White skin on lower lip causes