What causes spitting up of curdled milk by an infant?
my baby is 3 months 5 days old ...he is spitting too too much curdled milk and plain water spit.. his birth weight was 3.39kg and now its 7.4kg.
could you please suggest some medicine if this is not normal.
Burping after each feed is needed.
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Spitting curds with little amount of water is due to gastroesophageal reflux and it is normal in early months.
As the age increases, this spitting subsides.
As the weight gain is normal, the spitting of curds is not concerning symptom and no medication is required.
After each feed, burp the child holding in upright position.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes claminess in infants
- What causes milk rash
- What is the cause of dizziness with milk discharge
- What is the cause of spitting up blood
- What causes excessive spitting
- What causes choking and spitting in newborn
- What causes amoeba in infant
- What causes indigeztion in infants
- Whats the cause of slimy thick spit
- What causes viscous spit