What causes speech problems after seizure?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had a seziure which cause me to lose my voice. my voice is horse now like I have a cold but i'm not sick
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please describe the seizure in detail.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Of course,a few seizure types can affect speech.Please describe your seizure episode in detail-Did you lose consciousness?Did you have clonic activity of limbs?Tongue bite?Frothing?or alternatively,what all happened?

Please let me know the details in follow up query so that I can answer your query well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 14 minutes later
My Seizures usually Occur when I'm sleep. I woke up on the floor with blood coming out of my nose. I bit my tongue and the inside of my lip. I also had a bruise on my forehead and left cheek. as well as, blood in my eye. there my have been convulsions which is why I had scratches on my face. then I wasn't able to speak and now it sounds like I have a cold or a sore throat. however, i'm not sick
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should start antiepileptic medicines/MRI Brain/EEG

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Indeed,it is the description of a seizure episode.Please start antiepileptic medications in discussion with your physician.
At the same time,please get a MRI Brain and EEG done,to look for specific etiology if any.
Your speech will gradually improve.

If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)