What causes speech difficulties while experiencing severe stress?
is caused by stress and it will improve when I am more settled. I wonder if she is right or has something happened in my brain. I am in excellent health otherwise. My lab workup shows everything is "perfect". I am 77 yrs old.
Brain scan may be necessary
I understand your concern and I am sorry about your husband’s passing away.
Although the loss of a spouse is rated as one of the major causes of stress and while the speech difficulties you are experiencing may be explained by lack of concentration and low moods caused by that stress, I would still urge you to get a brain scan done to rule out any other possible organic cause.
I am sure your doctor has performed a thorough physical exam, but if you were my patient I would go a step further and recommend a scan, just to be on the safer side.
I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Speech difficulties
- Cervical stenosis with speech difficulties
- Symptoms of Speech difficulties
- Medical term for speech difficulty
- Speech difficulties causes
- Drugs/medication for Speech difficulties
- Speech difficulties in adults
- Treatment and cure for Speech difficulties
- Does diovan cause speech difficulties
- Enlarged adenoids in children and speech difficulties