What causes spasms in the calf muscles?
I understand your concern. The pain and spasm to the calf muscles maybe due to leaked fluid from the knee injury, in which case heat packs and Tylenol or Advil should help.
However, the most important thing is to rule out a possible blood clot so I highly recommend you have a Doppler ultrasound. All this, assuming you already had an MRI of the knee to rule out a torn ligament or a meniscal tear.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of sore calf muscles
- What causes pain calf muscle after running
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What causes bruises on the calf muscles
- Calf muscle spasms causes
- What causes persistent pain in calf muscle
- What would cause my calf muscles to hurt
- What causes involantary calf muscle contractions
- What causes a lump in calf muscle
- What causes an indentation in calf muscle