What causes soreness, redness, swelling and bruise on the finger?

Posted on Fri, 30 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: Heres the pic of my finger. Sore red swollen blue bruised at one time. Bulging. Big blue vein. Going on for months. Havent worn ring in months. Have a fluid retention issue.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ganglion cyst is the most probable reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Although it looks like a vein, ganglion cyst seems to be the most probable reason. Especially if you feel it rounded and with smooth surface inside.
Ganglion cyst is a kind of herniation coming from the tendon or joint. It is filled with clear fluid.

I suggest you to have just two tests. Soft tissues ultrasound and an x-ray should be done.

The cyst can be removed by a surgeon.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon