What causes soreness of shoulder at a single point with history of shoulder surgeries?
Rotator cuff tear likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The soreness of the shoulder at a single point and an increase in pain on certain movements is suggestive of a rotator cuff tear. The pain in the neck and near the collar bone is likely to be due to a muscle spasm. Since the movement around the shoulder is not much affected it is likely to be a minor partial tear and is likely to heal spontaneously with proper rest in 3-4 weeks.
You need to avoid all the painful activities and overhead movements till then. In case there is a visible swelling or sudden extreme pain or the pain aggravates then it is best to consult your orthopedician and get an MRI scan done.
Taking muscle relaxants like Cataflam will help in reducing the spasms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling on the shoulder
- What causes fluid on shoulder
- What causes shoulder and back pain after ectopic surgery
- What causes sore shoulders and muscles with hand swelling
- What is the cause and treatment for shoulder pain
- What causes a frozen shoulder
- What causes a bubbling feeling in shoulder
- What causes sudden bruising on shoulder
- Nausea sweating giddiness sore shoulders cause
- What causes constant sore throat with history of smokinh