Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What causes soreness in the testicles and lower back ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Hi. I am 52 years old, 6ft tall and weight is 180 pds. I usually do jogging and weight lifting for about 3 or 4 days a week. When I run I feel sore in my perineum and lower back after the excercise. It last until the other day. Last time i did jogging I felt down in concrete surface over my left hip. Since this moment my perineum pain got worst and I commenced to feel pain and burning in the scrotum up to the tip of mi penis. Weight lifting gets me worst because of the weight effort . I only get better the days I can stay in bed. I have checked my prostate and is ok an my psa is .42. The doctor that checked me is a family doctor and not urologist but he do rectal examinations. I dont have any urine or blood infection. I had been around 1 month with the pain because I work basically seated.Pain concentrates behind testicles. What can I do ?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It is somewhat difficult to pinpoint the exact source of your discomfort. It may be from a mild degree of inflammation in the perineum which might take some time to improve. Along those lines I recommend you discontinue running in favor of some other exercise such as elliptical or rowing for the next 6 weeks. Also, for the next 2 weeks I recommend you start taking ibuprofen 400 mg three times per day - again for a total of 14 days. The hope here is that the ibuprofen will improve the inflammation and the discontinuation of running will allow your body some time to heal.

The reason the pain is worse since the fall is possibly due to a very tiny fracture near the pubic ramus. This would only be picked up on an X-ray and it sounds like you have not had an xray of your pelvis so far. This might not be a bad idea to get to make sure there is nothing more extensive that that.

I don't think the pain is from your bladder or prostate - I feel it is more musculoskeletal in origin. Please see your physician to follow up on these concerns.

I thank you again for the query and hope you find this reply to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes soreness in the testicles and lower back ? 23 hours later
Could it be possible that nerve injury on the column or other area be the cause ? I am visiting a chiropractor having some slow improvement.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

A nerve injury along the column is certainly possible but hard to tell even with an expensive MRI scan.

I encourage you to attend the visits with your chiropractor and keep me apprised of your progress. I am interested to know how you do and am very optimistic that you will experience gradual continued improvement.

Thanks again for the query. I am always here if you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor