What causes soreness in the rectum and floating stools?
Possible colon stricture
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Considering your irradiation, this may be colon stricture or stenosis. This means that colons is narrowed and stool may not easy go through it. You should get done colonoscopy to rule this out.
Also you should regulate your stool consistency by drinking more fluids, talking probiotics, vegetables and avoid chocolate, fried food and alcohol.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a prolapsed rectum in a hamster
- What can cause disconfort in rectum
- What causes a fluttering feeling at rectum
- What is the cause for yellow floating stool
- What causes boils in rectum
- What would cause pulsing in rectum
- What causes burning in the rectum
- What causes itchy rectum
- What causes pinching sensation in rectum
- What causes pain in rectum while passing stool