• question-icon

What causes soreness in the pelvic area?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I have a question I am 45 year old women fairly healthy I was hoping for some advice I woke up this morning and I noticed on boys sides of my pelvic my I am sore if I touch it on only one spot almost like muscle ache I do low impact like moderate to speed walking I am currently on my 4 th day of my cycle the only thing I can remember doing was some stretches this morning and yesterday morning but nothing crazy any suggestions ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscular pain likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild soreness to touch seems to be due to a muscle pain that can be related to stretches that you did in morning or can be related to mild hormonal changes during periods.
Such mild pains usually subside with rest and mild pain killers and application of local analgesic gel. Do take rest and wait for 2-3 days and see if it subsides on its own.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Hello thank you can it be a possible uti ? Also can it b someone thing else
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UTI not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Your symptoms are not suggestive of urinary infection. Most likely it is a muscular pain and will gradually improve with rest.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN