What causes soreness in the lower left testicle?

Posted on Fri, 18 Aug 2017 in Lump
Question: The lower left testicle is sore to the touch. It feel like a strain except I can feel a sm marble size knot , firm but not hard.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cystic lesion involving testis or epididymis more likely .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Seems likely to be a cystic lesion involving testis or epididymis .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Knot - duration , progress since beginning , freely XXXXXXX under skin or not ,
visible above the skin or not .
2. Any noticeable excess pressure or compression over testis in recent past time .
3. Any change in size of testis or not , pain in testis or only sore feeling .
4. Fever or any other systemic features .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Knot -we're in the process of packing to move. I felt that may have been a strain until I felt this sore knot that is on the bottom center of the testi. There is some swelling not much. No, it is not loose from the testi itself feels as though on the outer side of testi. I had a vasectomy 40+ years ago in the same area. Through time sore sometimes seems to be diff.. No, not visible above the skin. Pressure in area - only that of Levis. Not much for loose pants when working. Change in size - seem like some swelling not much. Pain - Doesn't seem like the pain is within only on the side where the knot is. Wife can not feel the knot, I may be getting paranoid in my old age but, I can feel a curvature of something and its sore, not unbearable . The feeling is like getting kicked or slipping on something and landing on your crouch. Feeling - No fever or anything other than normal muscle aches and pains. I know Im not going to get out of this life alive just trying to die healthy as I can. Thanks to people like you.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Epididymis Cyst, benign condition.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details.

- Seems more likely Epididymal Cyst.
- Confirmation with Ultrasound examination would be beneficial at convenience.

- Benign condition stays as it is for a long time, nothing to worry.
- Keep check on progress of size, pain killer when ever needed only otherwise there are no medicines
to resolve it.

Hope this clears your query.
Welcome for further assistance.

Wishing you the best of health.
Regards dear
Take Care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon