What causes soreness in the breast?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a stinging sensation when I press on the top of my right Brest I am post menapause.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
age related degenerative change, mild pain killer

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
I would like to know few more things like
1 since when you are experiencing this?
2. Is there any discharge from nipple?

The soreness in the breasts can be related to hormonal changes but these are less likely after menopause.This can be due to an age related degenerative change. You can get rid of the soreness by taking a mild pain killer (like paracetamol or ibuprofen) Doing a regular massage will also help.

If it persists even after week then, you should have a clinical breast exam and a repeat mammogram along with a breast sonogram. This would pick up the diagnosis.

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 5 minutes later
I dont have any discharged it his being there on and off for 2 weeks
Brief Answer:
Kindly follow the instructions suggested in earlier post

Detailed Answer:
HI XXXXXXX
Good to hear from you and thanks for providing the information. Kindly follow that advice as suggested in earlier post.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina