What causes soreness in corner of the mouth and white patch on tongue?
candiasis, clotrimazole, investigations, consult oral physician
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the soreness near the corner of the mouth and white patch over the tongue could be because of the fungal infection leading to angular chelitis. This can occur secondary to the loss of vertical dimension in the mouth due to missing teeth, nutritional deficiency, immunocomlpromised state(like diabetes). Nothing to be panic, consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. Meanwhile you can use topical antifungal drugs like Clotrimazole.
You need to get your complete blood investigations done to rule out any immunicompromised status like diabetes.
If the teeth are missing, you need to get it replaced.
These are the possible diagnosis and treatment plan based on the description of the lesion provided by you. If you can upload the images of the lesion, I can give you the exact diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spreading white patches on skin of arms
- What causes white patches all over the body
- What causes white patches with deep lines on tongue
- Sores in mouth white patches on tongue std
- What causes white patches on lips
- White patches on corner of mouth
- What causes white patches on nails of a kid
- Can stress cause white patch tongue
- What could cause sore swollen gums with white patches
- Bleeding sores and white patches in the mouth