What causes soreness and tenderness in the right side of the body?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My gallbladder was removed 10 yrs ago. I am 61 yr old female. I have a fatty liver. I seem to stay very sore and tender on my right side....front and back of my midsection... the pain goes down my right side beyond hip area. No fever... no nausea. I'm classified as obese..... 5'6". 250 lbs. lots of ailments.... and I have an issue with drinking water.... I seldom drink a glass a day. This is a problem I just can't seem to tackle..... could this soreness be toxins that haven't been eliminated
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound abdomen or CT to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HCM for your query.
Have gone through your details.
Initially i would like to give you a briefing about what is inflammation or soreness-

Inflammation or soreness is part of the complex biological response of body tissues to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, damaged cells, or irritants and is a protective response involving immune cells, blood vessels, and molecular mediators.
The function of inflammation is to eliminate the initial cause of cell injury, clear out dead cells and tissues damaged from the original injury and the inflammatory process,and to initiate tissue repair.

As your gall bladder surgery was done almost 10 years back so most likely that is not the cause of tenderness at present.Toxins are metabolised in body by liver and is excreted through kidney or stools.So if possible try to drink good amount of water,However water has nothing to do with toxin elimination and your soreness.
Though not asked yet i would advice you to go for a ultrasound whole abdomen initially,to find out the cause of your pain.However if possible a CT abdomen would provide to us with a much better picture of the scenario.
You have not mentioned your bowel habits,Are bowels normal?
Thanks
Follow up with reports.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Yes, my bowel movements are often....usually several times a day.
Brief Answer:
Follow up advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
In that case you should start taking a probiotic for few days.Our gastro intestinal tract consists of its own flora which help in digestion of food.If some how this flora is disturbed digestion is disturbed.
I would suggest you to take a probiotic for few weeks.
Along with it
Take 2 tsf isapghullu husk at night time.
Take a lot of yoghurt in food.
Avoid oily and spicy food.
Eat lots of vegetable and fresh fruits.
Include lots of fibres in your food.
Eat peach and oranges.
Avoid cold milk.
Thanks!
Inform me how you feel after 2 weeks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 11 hours later
Thanks.....I will give this a try.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
your welcome.
Get well soon!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad