• question-icon

What causes soreness and swelling in clitoris of labia minora post oral sex?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi. I'm a 27 year old female. I had oral sex around 10 days back. About a week later, my labia minora, especially the clitoris part was a bit itchy and sore. In a couple of days an area on the right of the clitoris became very sore and the left side got a tiny swelling which is now sore and white in colour. It is still sore and hurts when I pee
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sitz bath

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

This pain is temporary due to trauma caused during oral sex.

This pain goes away after the wound heals within a few days. There is nothing to worry.

Use sitz bath meanwhile. Sit in a small vessel containing warm water, salt and disinfectant. This helps to bring relief.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 16 hours later
Thank you so much.
What sort of disinfectant should I use? Also, do I need touse any other ointments or sth locally?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need of ointment

Detailed Answer:

No need to use any ointments.

You can use dettol antiseptic in the sitz bath.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 36 hours later
Hey. I've been doing as you advised. It's working, I believe. Thank you! It has turned red from white and is still a bit sore. So, should I continue with the Sitz bath?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
continue

Detailed Answer:

Good to know that you are having relief.

Please continue with sitz bath.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN