What causes soreness and pain in the ears?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 28 Aug 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hi. i have very bad ear pain. my ear is sore to touch both outer and inner. when i open my jaw it is painful. left ear only. feeling fullness and when i blow my nose it crackles alot. any advice would be good. also have a burning sensation. just feels strange
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
You are probably suffering from otitis externa. Please send me the pictures of your ear
Please tell me do you have any history of nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past?
Any ear discharge?
What medicines have u been taking so far?
For how long are you having these symptoms?
Any history of diabetes?
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana