What causes soreness and itching in vaginal area before menstruation?
A few days before my cycle, I get very itchy and sore in my vaginal area. It goes away after the 3 day of my cycle and doesnt come back until it's time for my cycle again. It's a miserable feeling. What can I do to get this to stop. i just started to experience for about two years now.
Normal cyclic change.
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Itching in your case is normal finding and occur due to sudden drop in estrogen around your period which cause thinning and inflammation of vagina.
You should keep the area dry and clean, avoid tight clothes,wear cotton undergarments,consume right diet and consume yogurt and probiotics.
As it is subside after period,so need to worry.
If it persist and associated with other symptoms than problem needs evaluation.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- What is the cause of spotting instead of menstruating
- What causes oily orange menstruation
- What causes vaginal bleeding after menstruation has stopped
- Menstruation causes
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What causes whole blood in menstruation
- What causes absence of menstruation
- Extended menstruation what are the causes
- Change in menstruation what are the causes