What causes sore throat,dizziness and headache?

Question
i went away on vacation to a cabin and after one night of staying in the cabin i slept with the a/c on and it was musty and smelt moldy i had a soar throat my uvula was swollen and touching my throat and a red spot in the back of my throat just came over night and then i was very tired and dizzy headache for four days and still the spot is still there could this be an allergy, I had no fever or swollen lymph nodes, i was perfectly fine until i spent two days in that cabin . is this a post nasal drip or something else ? its been a week i feel stronger dizzy went away and im left with that spot
i have no spots of white in the back of throat i went to a doctor they said allergy rhiths ? just one red spot about and inch above my uvula.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy to cold air.

Detailed Answer:
According to your symptoms , these can be result from breathing cold air through the mouth.
I would like to ask a query
Do you have history of Tonsillitis?

Sore throat,dizziness, headache suggest you might have allergy or viral infection.
Since you have no fever,dizziness went away, you need not worry.

If I were your treating doctor I would suggest you
Steam inhalation 2 times a day
Anti histamines like Cetrizine before bed for 5 days for allergy.
Drink warm water regularly.
Salt water gargles 3 times a day.
Avoid exposure to cold air.
Avoid cold food like ice creams,cold water.

You red spot will disappear within 2-3 days.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.