What causes sore throat?
Silica (crystaline silica dust)
Hello and welcome,
Any of the dusts from aerosolized concrete, when it is drilled into or chopped up, can cause a sore throat, irritated sinuses and lungs. Protection should be worn to keep it out of the respiratory system as over time it can do damage.
If you are looking for one element in the concrete, it is most likely irrigation from silica, but any part of the dust can cause irritation.
I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you would like more information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- What is causing my sore throat and raspy voice
- What causes bodyaches with sore throat
- What virus causes sore throat
- What causes sore throat on right side
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- What causes sore throat and cough
- What causes constant sore throat with history of smokinh
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis