What causes sore throat with swollen lumps at back of the tongue?
Medicines and nasal drops
Thanks for your query.
The findings you have noted and the symptoms you explained are suggestive of a condition called Granular Pharyngitis along with enlargement of lymphoid tissues.These take time to regress completely.
I would advise you to visit a Doctor and get a course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines along with an antihistamine. Nasal decongestant drops followed by plain water steam inhalations will help to abate the problems which increase at night.
If you want to avoid the recurrence, it is advisable to continue the courses for 1 to 3 weeks till all the signs and symptoms are completely abated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat causing sore tongue
- Sore throat bumps back tongue
- What causes sore throat with white tongue
- Lump on tonsil causing sore throat
- Sore throat and swollen tongue
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- Sore throat swollen glands sore back worried about stds what is it
- What causes cold chills lower back pain sore throat
- What causes sore throat with boils on tongue