What causes sore throat, phlegm, swallowing difficulty and dry throat?
I was tested for influenza and strep, both were negative.
Been 4 days and hurts sometimes when I swallow, but really really dry
Maybe suffering from the pharyngitis
I have gone through your query; it suggests that most probably you maybe suffering from the acute pharyngitis of bacterial origin other than strep and
In this condition I personally prescribed you
1. Tablet Azithromycin 500mg once a day.
2. Tablet fexofenadine 120mg once in the night.
3. Hexidine mouth gargles
You may take these prescription medicines for atleast 10 days after discussing with your doctor.
If the condition persist even after 10 days then better to go for laryngoscopy.
Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
It maybe allergy related
I have gone through your follow up query; and for your kind information it maybe allergy related but the chances of bacterial origin is more according to your symptom and duration.
Dr Hariom Sharma, MS, XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing
- Sore throat and phlegm caused by hpv
- What virus causes sore throat
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- What causes sore throat which prohibits swallowing
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- Can shingles cause sore throat with swallowing difficulty
- What causes sore throat and cough
- Can sore throat cause difficulty swallowing?