• question-icon

What causes sore throat, jaw and stomach pain, and sneezing?

Posted on Sat, 4 Oct 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, so long story here it goes. Right after 4th of july, I started to have panic attacks. At least that's what the doctoe told me. I also starred to feel strangly like a warm feeling in my left leg, tingling all over my body. My throat is started to get soar of an on. I went in and have my heart looked at no problem there the ekg an stress test came back with perfect results. So the doctor I was seeing put me on paxil. I started taking it an got sick to my stomach nausea an just an overall feeling of not being in my own body.o a month into taking it the side effect became to much, sexual sideffects an an the irritability. So I tapered off. Now I'm startin get get my emotions back an all those feeling the warm leg the soar throat, but there are others now stomach jabs once an awhile soar jaw feeling of somthing caught in my throat burn ing alot sneezing. I don't know anymore! Please any suggestions would help
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need medication

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Not to worry.
Whatever symptoms you describe suggest that you have anxiety disorder.
As you described you are having panic attacks and with treatment experienced side effects so you quit it, but there are many medication which has less side effect and better result.

First of all detail regarding your symptoms are necessary.
Do you have any digestion problems like acidity?

There are many medications like Desvenlaflexine, venlaflexine, bupropion, sertraline which has good effect on anxiety particularly panic attacks.
You can also take benzodiazepines like clonazepam mouth dissolving tablet for SOS.
As you are very concerned regarding sexual and other side effect for you desvenlaflexine and bupropion has good choice of drug.
Discuss with your treating doctor about alternative medications.

Also do exercise regularly and meditation, yoga which also very helpful.

Psychotherapy particularly cognitive behavior therapy has good result.

Awaiting you response.

Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Vipul Prajapati 42 minutes later
Regarding the soar throat, I have a worry it might be cancer is that a in my head? I'm going to see a doctor as soon as I get back from the slope. I just can't get that out of my head. If I do have acidity problems I'm unaware of how they feel I do have an acid feeling in my chest once an awhile.
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry about cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

sore throat is not sign of cancer it may have many cause like upper respiratory tract infection, common cold, etc..
sometimes in anxiety also due to dryness of mouth you feel that you have sore throat.

You don't have any other features which supports cancer diagnosis like difficulty in taking food, bleeding in vomiting, weight loss etc...

Not to worry about cancer at all.

For acidity you can take any antacid before food.

Due to stress and anxiety also acidity is worsened so keep calm and not worry.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Vipul Prajapati

Psychiatrist