What causes sore throat in a person with GERD and post nasal drip?
I also have tmj and mainly on right side. I noticed a hard small lump next to the jawline right underneath the right ear, like in the corner. Im not sure if this connects to the sore throat.
It is not something serious but requires gurgling with lukewarm water.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have carefully gone through the details provided as well as the image attached. Sore throat is commonly caused due to certain viral infections like Epstein Barr virus or mono or due to some bacterial infection like Streptococcus. GERD could also be related to the condition. Irrespective of the cause, antibiotics do not really help. Gurgling with lukewarm water provides relief and I would insist you to practice it twice or thrice a day. You can also take some antiallergic like cetirizine along for a few days since it is often associated with an allergic reaction which leads to the post nasal drip.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post nasal drip causes
- Blood in post nasal drip sore throat
- Post nasal drip and gerd
- What causes chronic rhinitis and post nasal drip
- What causes post nasal drip
- Post nasal drip causing throat irritation remedy
- Post nasal drip sore throat earache
- Post nasal drip sore throat
- Can post nasal drip cause throat flutters
- Post nasal drip sore throat sore jaw