What causes sore throat and yellow discoloration at the back of throat?
It can be acute tonsillitis but you need to get her examined for diptheria
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!
It is sad to know about what she is going through lately. Based on these findings it all can be due episode of upper respiratory tract infection likely tonsillitis or pharyngitis in which such coating can be formed. Try to scrap it off with spatula or some sterile stick and if it doesn't get scrapped off or bleeds alot kindly consult your GP for a detailed evaluation to rule out diseases like diphtheria.
At this stage, few measures will help.
Use analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and throat irritation.
Using anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine for itching or soreness will help.
She may be asked for an antibiotics course like with augmentin for few days.
Gargles with XXXXXXX warm saline water for better recovery. Using antibacterial mouth washes may help better. Using hot beverages and avoiding cold will also be beneficial.
Hoping her a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat and yellow bump in back of mouth
- What causes bodyaches with sore throat
- What virus causes sore throat
- Sore throat yellow line on back of throat
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- Sore throat blotches on back and thighs what is it
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- What causes cold chills lower back pain sore throat
- Back pain and sore throat
- What causes sore throat and cough