What causes sore throat and swallowing difficulty?
This is probably viral pharyngitis!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this painful throat that you have reported. With a negative strep test and congestion, this is pretty typical of a viral user respiratory tract infection. Treatment is symptomatic and resolution is often complete within 7-10days. I will recommend tylenol for pains. Take 2tablets(1g) at most 4times daily to address the pains. Otherwise, there is no need for further specific management. To be very XXXXXXX no antibiotics are needed for this at this time.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing
- What causes bodyaches with sore throat
- What virus causes sore throat
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- What causes sore throat which prohibits swallowing
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- Can shingles cause sore throat with swallowing difficulty
- What causes sore throat and cough
- Can sore throat cause difficulty swallowing?