What causes sore throat and burning back pain when diagnosed with Grave's disease?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have graves diseas not on medication at the moment and experiencing sore throat, serve back pains, 2 periods in 3 weeks, fatigued, severe moods and rage. Help

I have graves diseas not on medication at the moment and experiencing sore throat, serve burning back pains, lower abdominal pains, had 2 periods in 3 weeks the second really heavy, fatigued, hot flushes, extremely moody with rage attacks. Is this related please help
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs management,

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With history of Graves disease, all your symptoms from sore throat, back pain , metrorrhagia, fatigue and mood swings are correlated to Grave's disease however it should be correlated clinically to rule out other causes.

Sore throat is common with thyroid enlargement, could be due to some other cause as there are many that can. What so ever, it needs some advil and salt water garlges and resting voice for a while. Plenty of fluids will help.

Metrorrhagia should be evaluated for gynecological causes like hormonal imbalances as well. But Grave's can cause it too.

Mood swings etc are all due to likely graves and should be treated with some good antidepressant .

last but not the least, evil which is causing all this, needs follow up and compliance to medications. Once the hormones of thyroid go under control , your symptoms most of it will subside. Talk to an endocrinologist and let them help you in this regard.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan