What causes sore throat along with headache and runny nose?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Started with sore throat Monday could tell chest was getting tight. Headache, itchy ears runny nose started taking acetaminophen Tuesday and Wednesday today green yellow mucous coming out nose, this afternoon sounded like laryngitis now nose still draining but getting stopped up cannot breathe, some cough and sore throat again. I have mucinex too but don’t know which one to take. Should I make appointment tomorrow with doctor for antibiotics? Do not have fever. From experience this eventually gets to chest.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat with laryngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
All the symptoms mentioned by you are due to sore throat. The ear problem is due to eustachian tube blockage caused by throat infection.
It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
It seems to be a bacterial infection and you need to take antibiotics along with other medicines.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards