question-icon

What causes sore spot on right side of head?

Posted on Fri, 13 May 2016
Question: I have a sore spot on the right side of my head. It's sore to touch or comb my hair, Also my right ear has a crackling sound in it and my right check is somewhat sore. What could this be? Could I have a common cold that resonated in my head?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
A past common cold complicated with ear infection...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

1. From what you are describing, it seems that you might have had common cold at first. Then, it is complicated with sinus and ear infection which is presented with soreness in the head and crackling sound in your right ear.

2. You need to get your ear checked for possible infection/inflammation as you might need to start ear drops.

3. Amoxicillin is an wide spectrum antibiotic that will treat possible sinus infection together with ear infection.

4. Apart taking amoxicillin, I advise to take anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to reduce inflammation.

Applying warm clothing locally can also help reduce soreness.

Hope it was of help! Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini