What causes sore painful ears?

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My 13 year old daughter had swim ear yesterday which has now turned Into a very painful condition with her ear giving stabbing pains and very sore to touch. She says it clicks constantly.
The pharmacy has given auri goutte ear drops. What do you think??
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be ear infecton.

Detailed Answer:

It looks like ear infection. It can be otitis externa or otitis media which swimmers gets constantly. It can be confirmed by examination of the ear.

I suggest you to take amoxycillin , over the counter pain killer, antibiotic ear drops after consulting a doctor.

Hope I helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 7 minutes later
One thing I should have mentioned she does not have a temperature?
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
still i would recomend the same.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
Fever may or may not be there , or it may develope later.
I suggest you to continue with the treatment i already mentioned after consulting a doctor.
Hope i helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj