question-icon

What causes sore in the left nostril when diagnosed with allergic rhinitis?

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016
Question: Hello, I have had a sore inside my left nostril (near the tip) for ~ 2 months. It does not want to heal. What should I do?
I do have lots of allergies and have been taking a weekly allergy shot for ~ the past year. I believe that the shots have helped tremendously.
Answered by Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Furuncle of nose

Detailed Answer:

I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having sore in nose.

Based on your clinical details, it appears to be furuncle of nose due to constant rubbing of nose secondary to allergic rhinitis.

I suggest you to apply soframycin antibiotic ointment and to take pain killers ( tab Tylenol 500 twice daily)( over the counter) for pain and infection.

Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.

All the best. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh

ENT Specialist