Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What causes sore in earlobe and fever?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2448 Questions
I have a sore in my earlobe under a flap of skin and I am unable to see it. It started with blood and puss and my ear is sore to the touch. I've used paroxide to clean it and I have been on antibiotics for five days. It is very sore and I am beginning to feel feverish. I have also been keeping antibiotic cream on it but it doesn't appear to be getting better. What could this be and how should I treat it?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like a boil

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Your history and symptoms are suggestive of boil. Even after taking antibiotics for five days your symptoms have not reduced.

I would suggest you to undergo blood culture and the pus culture to find out the organism causing these symptoms and then appropriate antibiotics can be given to cure the condition.

Meanwhile you can take anti inflammatory drug like Tab Ibuprofen after the food, twice daily may help to reduce pain and inflammation.

You can apply hot pack on the affected area which will reduce pain and swelling.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor