What causes sore and tender nipples and breasts?
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
Breast swelling and pain do seen during post menopausal stage due changes in hormones. It usually subsides with pain killer medications.
Presence of fever or warmness over breast requires antibiotic treatment.
Vaginal swelling could be from atrophic vaginitis. During post menopause lack of hormonal support to vagina makes it more prone to infections.
Antibiotic treatment with good local hygiene helps to control your symptom. You also require local hormonal cream application for control of atrophic vaginitis.
Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further rated query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a soreness of nipples
- What is the cause of breast soreness and tenderness
- What is the cause for sore nipples and cramping
- What causes sore breast and sensitive nipples
- What causes a sore breast
- What is the cause of sore tender nipples
- What is causing swollen tender breasts
- What causes soreness in the breast nipple
- What is the cause for sore breast and underarm
- What causes breast and nipple itching