Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes sore and swollen foreskin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6182 Questions
Hi I'm XXXXXXX I've had this pain for about a week now it's when I pull the forskin back it looks like it's split an has now very sore an is swollen ? Thank you so much that has helped a lot ill get some stuff for it an not touch it an keep it clean :) thank you
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: THis may be an infection! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain your are experiencing with your penis. The description of your symptoms is concerning for a possible infection called balanitis. You would need to get a consultation and examination to make a final call on this diagnosis. For this reason, I will suggest that you get consulted by your primary care physician. He would probably confirm this diagnosis or look for any other possible cause and prescribe drugs like antibiotics and pain medications to help address this problem. Also, excess manipulation could be the main problem provoking and aggravating this pain. I will suggest that you stop manipulating the foreskin that often because it is not helping with the healing process and may actually be aggravating the state of affairs. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor