What causes soft tissue pain and weakness with pins holding the hip bones?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Yes, I also have a scan of the pins holding the bone to the hip, my daughter broke it 1.5 years ago, the pain is now fierce and she is thinking of having the 2 pins removed. There also is soft tissue pain and weakness. What I am looking for is information and probabilities because it could be the pins have weakened the hip joint. Or contamination. Ortho wants to remove, but ays just a guess if that is causing the pain.....sort of trial and error approach. How can I get you the image?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload the X-rays.

Detailed Answer:
The decision to remove the pins depends on the position of the pins. It can be irritating the soft tissues or the pain could be due to arthritic changes in the joint. You can upload the image in the box provided on the right hand side of the query page. This will help me in better evaluation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes soft tissue pain and weakness with pins holding the hip bones? 1 hour later
I sent you a view of the pin, I want to know how we can determine if it is arthritis in the joint?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No image attached.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
There is no image attached to the query. Arthritic changes can be seen on X-ray by looking at the joint surface. Please upload the images for evaluation. If you face difficulties uploading images, you can mail it through attachments@healthcaremagic with subject as "Attn: Dr. Praveen Tayal".