question-icon

What causes soft lump on lower buttock?

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015
Question: I have a soft lump under my right butt cheek. It is not painful. Should I be worried about?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Lipoma can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of this lump. Otherwise it is very hard to give valuable answer.

Generally lump in this location which is not pain seems to be benign soft tissues lesion. Most probable is lipoma, benign lump build of fatty tissue. It does not have to be treated if do not grow fast.

The best you can do is to consult general surgeon. In case of any doubts, soft tissues ultrasound can be done to determine the nature of this lump.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon