What causes soft erection only despite normal hormone levels?

Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 in Men's Health
Question: I've been tested for E1, E2, Lh FSH,and Testosterone and brought them all into spec but STILL have no libido, I have no religious/ sexual hangups, in the past have had lots of varied sexual experiences, My wife and I had intercourse around 5 times a week both to orgasam so something's wrong I can attain a soft erection only and NO mid nite or morning wood. what's missing? How are you on Endrocology?
Answered by Dr. Soujanya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be erection problem

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern towards your sexual problem.

It was informed that your harmone levels are within normal limits

So it could be even anxiety problem, which can be treated by antianxiety drugs.

You can test it by observing your nocturnal penile tumescence known as NPT, that is normal erection occurs in the early hours.

If you are very sure that it is not normal, then you can start on SILDENAFIL tablets to improve your erection by sustaining it , through the production of nitric oxide.

Discuss with your doctor regarding these details and follow accordingly.

Hope this information would help you.

Take care,
Dr. Soujanya

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng