What causes soft compressing and wrinkled growth?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I've had this growth for over 15 years its never changed or evolved. it has a soft feel and can be compressed and wrinkled somewhat. I'm hesitant on calling it a mole or a skin tag for that matter its definitely sessile. I've enclosed a picture. I have an appointment to my dermatologist on 7/29/14 but I'm just seeking an opinion based on the picture I provide that its benign.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Simple benign cystic growth.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the growth and it's nature whether benign it anything else.

I have gone through the complete query and analyze the picture. After complete analysis let me firs reassure you that the growth appears to be simple benign growth of cystic nature.

These are quite common to find and never turns into any type of malignant growth.

So rest assured for the benign nature of the growth and do not worry.

This can be removed by simple cautery procedure or by excision within few minutes.

I hope these informations will relax your mind. I will be glad to answer any further queries.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases

Follow-up: What causes soft compressing and wrinkled growth? 6 minutes later
thank you for your time. I also didn't realize that thebcyst has hair follicles son I assume that's a good sign too. I will show my dermatologist on my visit. its been on that area for well over 15 years.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Completely benign growth.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your swift follow up.

I am happy to know that you are relaxed to know the facts regarding your simple growth.

I again reassure you that the growth is complete benign and will not cause any problems in future.

My all best wishes for your healthy life ahead.

I hope these informations will relax you. I will be glad to answer any further queries or if not then can close the discussion and rate the answer.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia