What causes sneezing, nasal discharge and nasal congestion after radio-frequency nasal turbinate reduction?
This is normal.
Thank you for your query.
1. It is common for such worsening of symptoms in the first two weeks after a radio-frequency turbinate reduction.
2. This varies between patients and ranges from no discomfort to sneezing, nasal discharge, nasal congestion, crusting, a fibrinoid gel like discharge. Regular nasal suction and cleaning is required.
3. The normal healing time after radio-frequency nasal turbinate reduction is 4-6 weeks. Full benefit may take even longer.
4. Some patients worsen in the days immediately after the procedure and even wonder if they did the right thing. However even the most obstinate cases improve by the 3rd and 4th week.
5. Hence this is common. Take medication (including nasal decongestant drops) and get regular nasal suction and cleaning done to ease the recovery.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- What causes sneezing and nasal congestion every morning
- Rebound nasal congestion causes
- Acute nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causing tears
- Hiv cause nasal congestion
- Reflex nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causes
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- Chronic nasal congestion causes