What causes sneezing in the morning followed by runny nose?

Posted on Wed, 3 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello Doctor!
I sneeze most of the mornings once i get up. It icreases after bath and running nose all over this time period. Its all only in the morning everything stops after some time. It happens daily. I feel like its a dust alergy or synous but i cannot come to an conclusion. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may not be having an allergy!

Detailed Answer:
Hello

From your symptoms it looks like that you maybe suffering from a condition called as Vasomotor rhinitis , in which people have early morning bouts of sneezing and they also sneeze wen there is a sudden change in temperature like while showering , or being exposed to air conditioning , etc

It is unlikely that you are having dust allergy!

Please meet your ent doctor as vasomotor rhinitis can easily be controlled by steroid sprays and other medications like ebastine ,loratidine , etc , the prescription of which you can get from your doctor.

I would also like you to increase your body tone by doing regular exercise or yoga, which help control your symptoms.

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist