What causes sneezing and cough in an infant?
Showing kind of breathing difficulty in morning as well as in the evening.
doctor advised to give Ascoril and Colfin for 5 days. can I give it? Is it safe?
Note: No breast feed due to lactose intolerence
Ascoril and Colfin can safely be given
Thanks for posting on HealthCareMagic.
Let me assure you that occasional sneezing or coughing is absolutely normal at this age and there is nothing that you need to do for the same. Babies are nose breathers and often suffer from nasal block since their nostrils are very small. Applying saline nasal drops like nasoclear will help in removing the block. If it is still not relieved, you may put a drop of nasivion nasal drops in both nostrils. This will ease breathing difficulty if any. Respiratory distress in children is indicated by increased rate of breathing. Otherwise you need not consider it distress.
Ascoril and Coflin can be safely given to a child of this age and you can give it without any worries.
Even if the baby has lactose intolerance, generally breast milk is still well tolerated and does not need to be discontinued. Please talk to your pediatrician about this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes multiple sneezes
- What causes a sneezing fit
- What causes constant sneezing
- What causes sneezing attacks
- Doxycilline causing cough sneezing and phelm
- What causes excruciating back pain breathlessness coughing and sneezing
- What causes pain in forearms when i cough or sneeze
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- What causes loud sneezing
- What causes uncontrollable sneezing