What causes small white spot on penis?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: Have a small white dot on tip of penis by pee hole
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide some more details.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case and the pictures attached, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

I need some more details about this issue. Please answer these questions:
Are you sexually active? Sorry to ask but its necessary, Last time when you had Unprotected sexual intercourse?
Do you have any urinary problems, like pains or frequent urination?
Do you have pain in this white spot?
When did it appear?? How many days have elapsed for this white lesion??
Is there any discharge of pus etc from the white dot??
How is your overall health and your diet??
What is your height and weight?

Have a wonderful time ahead. Waiting for the reply with details.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 21 minutes later
Last time I had sex was yesterday morning. I don't have any pains or discharged or frequent urine. It appeared yesterday it was small and it got the size you have seen. No pain from the white dot or pus. I'm pretty healthy I'm over weight I weigh 232 and my height is 5'7
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start the treatment and you will be fine soon.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for providing the details.

Well, this seems to be a fungal infection of the skin of the glans penis. No need to worry as it is curable and the prognosis is very good if timely treated.

Precautions:-
Stop applying Triamcinolone acetonide cream.
Apply a combination ointment Hydrocortisone/Clotrimazole.
Take Ibuprofen just to reduce inflammatory process.
You will feel better in a couple of days.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Avoid sexual intercourse until you get better. Next time always use condom for sexual intercourse. The vaginal fungi cause infection and also there are a lot of sexually transmitted diseases that cause infection if protective measures are not observed.

Take a plenty of water and vegetables, fruits and salads.

Try to reduce weight too as you are overweight-Obese.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. Keep a follow up some days after this visit session ends.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA