What causes small swelling below the calf?
Thank you for the query.
Such swelling is most likely caused by veins insufficiency. Due to enlarged main superficial veins blood can not flow freely what causes pain and swelling.
Please consult your doctor and have veins Doppler ultrasound. Some surgery might be necessary.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What causes swelling in calf
- What causes bruises on the calf muscles
- What causes twitching in calf and foot
- What causes swelling in lower calfs in both legs
- What causes swollen and warm calf
- Potassium deficiency causing calf swelling
- What causes calf cramps
- What causes a lump in calf muscle
- What causes an indentation in calf muscle