What causes small skin colour patch underneath the penis?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Small skin colour patch undernearth the neck of my penis skin not itchy and not sexually active... And side of the neck small white colour bumbs u dnt feel so tiny... Can u plz let me knw wht it is
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and certain details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now from the description alone, it is difficult to make out the exact diagnosis .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions.
Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page .
Also tell if you have been applying any medicines over the area.
Is there any itching or pain?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures
Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes small skin colour patch underneath the penis? 4 minutes later
First one is small circle skin colour pacth 2nd pic white colour tiny bumbs
Not itchy no pain not sexually active

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mild fungal infection , will heal with treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I have seen the attached pictures.
First of all, I would like to tell you that there is really no reason to be worried about.
You just have a mild fungal infection over the glans region. This type of infection is very common in males . It is not a std and it is very easily treatable as well.
You need to apply candid b cream over the affected areas twice a day for ten days.
Do not apply any other cream or oil over it . Keep the affected area clean and dry by washing it with lukewarm saline water twice a day . Dry it properly before applying the medicine .

I am sure this treatment will help you.
Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes small skin colour patch underneath the penis? 2 minutes later
Ok thanks.. Is that similer to Fordyce's spots..?? Can i use anticeptic soap to wash genatle area in the future..

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fordyce spots, harmless skin swellings

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes you are very right.
You do have a few fordyce spots too along with the mild infection .
You must be aware that these spots are harmless in nature and they tend to naturally occur in certain males . Nothing much can be done about them and they usually just remain over the rim region.
It is always better to use only mild soaps over the genitals since the area is very sensitive . One should avoid using things like dettol or savlon. Preferably a mild soap like dove is good.

Dr Geetika Paul