What causes small reddish bumps on penis head post unprotected sex?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi. After an unprotected sexual encounter I knowticed a red rash with red/white small bumps on the head of my penis (uncircumcised). I went to the clinic and the Dr. Prescribed me some monistat. After a week everything was back to normal. A few days later I had relations again and the symptom came back ( so I used the monistat topical cream again for a week). Now I haven't had sex again but whenever I masturbate the head of my penis get red and irritated, especially around the meatus. When its irritated I also knowticed some tiny red vain and bumps which are the first to go away. Within 12/24 hours everything is back to normal. Can you please help me?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You sir need a list of do's and don'ts whilst having a yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. What your doctor has diagnosed you with, is absolutely accurate. But along with this diagnosis comes a list of do's and don'ts which your doctor has failed to mention to you, so please do follow my given instructions:

+Make sure you keep the genital region clean and dry at all times
+Make sure you take a shower at least once day
+Make sure you dry off well enough after your shower
+If you sweat in the groin region or if it is hot where you are, then carry an extra pair of inner wear which I would recommend you change around mid-day
+Make sure you are always in a well ventilated room
+Avoid sexual intercourse and masturbation for at least 3 weeks
+Around the 3rd week, once you start masturbation and/or sexual intercourse then make sure you wash yourself immediately after masturbation or sex; do not leave the region wet after either of the acts
+Continue the use of the cream for at least 2 months

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Great. Thank you very much. I have been keeping clean and very dry thanks to online tips... Not the dr. I saw. I will refrain from sex and masturbation.Are you sure i should use the monistat for 2 months though. After the 5 day use (twice daily) it starts to discolour and kill skin layers which after peel off
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ideally it should be a longer course, so why don't we try a 20 day course?

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

Monistat should be used for a longer duration of time; it is the same ideology as used with antibiotics, you seem to feel perfectly fine within a day or two on antibiotics, yet a course of 7-14 days is prescribed because the course aims to kill the infection-causing organism, and not just to make you feel better.

Although, I think instead of a 2 month course, why don't you use it for about 20 days and write back to me with images of the region attached to our conversation so I can provide you with my opinion sir.

Wishing you a rapid and complete recovery.

Best wishes. :)
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 days later
Ok great, will do. As far as the aplication of the monistat i just want to make sure i'm aplying it as best as possible. I coat the entire head of my penis under the foreskin which is clean and dry once in the morning and once before bed. Should i re-apply after i urinate and dry the area?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
That should more than suffice sir, twice daily application

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Not required sir, twice daily application over a clean and dry surface should more than suffice. But please also make sure you dry the region off after urinating, or showering, etc.

Sorry for the delayed response sir, I had a really rough day. Please do not hesitate to write to me about anything sir, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.