What causes small red spots on the penile shaft after hot day?
after a hot and sweaty day i always seem to get small red dots on my penile shaft. always in a different area, never turn into a blister or scab over, never really itch and go away in a few days.
Mostly these are Fordyce Spots
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are getting small tiny red spots on shaft of the penis after hot and sweaty day.
Mostly these are what is called as Fordyce spots .These spots are developed due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin due to blockage of the opening of sebaceous glands
Penile skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence more prone to get these spots on shaft of the penis .Normally no treatment is required as they are benign in nature and are not infective in origin and fade away within few days without any treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.
Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily to prevent from recurrence .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mole on penile shaft caused from friction?
- What is the cause and treatment for penile infection
- What could cause a swollen vein on my penile shaft
- Causes of penile pain after injury
- What causes penile chafing
- What causes penile shrinkage
- What causes penile pain after masturbation
- What causes a shrunken penile foreskin
- Cyst on penile shaft cause
- Cause of cysts on penile shaft and treatment