What causes small red spots on stomach and arms?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have recently discovered small purple/red dots on my stomach and a few on my arms. There are very fe of them but I wonder f they are peteciae. I had invasive lobular breast cancer , had right mastectomy, chemo and radiation. That wuss 3 years ago. Stage 3C.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be Angiomas. Kindly send pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for the red spots and dots on your skin.

After analysing the complete situation I can make out that you might have the simple condition known as Angiomas.

These are simple proliferation of the blood vessels in the skin commonly seen in old age.

To confirm the same I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the spots and papules. For that you have a festure on right side of the page.

If you are not able to upload the photos then can see some of the pictures of Angiomas on net and confirm if your condition looks like the same or different.

Also let me know if the spots are persistent or are fading and disappearing.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY