What causes small red bumps on penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Penis Problems
Question: So i had these red bumps on my penis and have gotten smaller over the past few days....they arent blisters but have been itchy from time to time..
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please specify whether bumps are on glans penis or shaft of the penis .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have red bumps on penis .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem
1) Are you diabetic?
2) What is the location of bumps whether on glans penis or shaft of the penis ?
3) Did you have rhistory of unprotected sex very recently before these bumps appeared ?
4) Do you have nay urinary symptoms like frequency ,burning etc?

Please revert back at your earliest to make me precise comments and suggestions on your problem .

Do write if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to address the same .

Thanks with Regards.

Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
Iam not a diabetic, bumps seem to be on the glands. Have not had unprotected sex when these bumps appeared...they were inflamed at the time but have gotten smaller...there is a picture attached, no urinary problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are due to infection of Glans Penis (Ballanitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

These bumps are mostly due to infection of glans penis (Balanitis).

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil