What causes small purplish colored bumps around anus and scrotum?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi, a few weeks ago a discoverer small purplish coloured bumps all around my vulva area & around the scrotum. The don't itch but I can feel slight discomfort from time to time. I'm a bit worried they may be warts. Any idea what this is?

Many thanks!
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE UPLOAD PHOTOS

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I am sure there is some error in typing your query.
Vulva is the female external genitalia and scrotum is the male external genitalia !
Where do you have these lesions ?
Please upload pictures of the area so that I can give you my opinion regarding what they are likely to be.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
My aplogies it was meant to say the annul area. Please find photo attached.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
THEY DO NOT APPEAR TO BE WARTS.

Detailed Answer:
The pictures are not that clear.
However, from the limited evaluation that I can make, they do not appear to be warts.
It appears to a local skin condition, such as lichen or psoriasis.
I think you should have a SPecialist opinion at the earliest to confirm the diagnosis with a swab / biopsy.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Thank you very much for your help & time. Appreciated!
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
TAKE CARE.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you too for the appreciation.
You can write in anytime at -
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623